Remember in my "How to plan your Perfect Disney vacation" post, I mentioned that Han and I had gotten ultra lucky and snagged the free dining plan?
Disney World is offering it again this year! (Albeit with a few more restrictions than when we booked it in 2012.)
What Do I do?!
If you stay at a Disney Value Resort Hotel, you will get the “Quick Service Dining plan” for free.
Quick-Service Dining Plan
- Two quick-service meals per person, per night of your stay.
- One Snack per person, per night of your package stay.
- One Rapid Fill Resort refillable drink mug per person. The mug is valid for the length of your stay. You can get refills at self-service beverage stations at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort Hotel. However, it is not refillable in the parks.
If you stay at a Disney Moderate Resort Hotel (Like Coronado Springs) or a Disney Deluxe Resort Hotel, you will get the “Regular Dining plan” for free.
Regular Dining Plan
- One quick service meal credit, per night of your stay.
- One table service meal credit, per night of your stay.
- One snack per person, per night of your package stay.
- One Rapid Fill drink mug per person (same as Quick-Service)
You can pay extra to upgrade your dining plan to a higher level, but Han and I found the Regular Dining Plan was perfectly adequate for the two of us for 4 days.
When Do I Book?!
Your stay can’t be longer than 14 nights, unfortunately.
Sorry, even Disney has limits.
Disney has also excluded these resorts from the free dining plan: The All-Star Movies Resort, Port Orleans -Riverside, Port Orleans - French Quarter, Grand Floridian Villas, Fort Wilderness Campsites, Art of Animation Little Mermaid Rooms, and all 3 Bedroom Villas.
The Disney Dining plan is not available at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin, Shades of Green, or any other hotel not owned by Disney, such as those in the Downtown Disney area.
All guests staying in the same room must be on the same version of the Dining Plan. (Duh, to me, but this info may come in handy to people not aware of it.)
- August 31 – October 3, 2014
- October 26- November 1, 2014
- November 9 – November 20, 2014
- December 12 – December 23, 2014
You can get the free dining plan directly from Disney by making your reservation on the Disney web site or by calling them at +1(407) 939-5277.